Meeting Russia Online Discussion Club
took place on July 27. Dmitry Polyanskiy
, First Deputy Representative of the Russian Federation to the UN, was the guest of the online meeting at which a wide range of issues concerning EU-Russian relations
In the opening speech Mr. Polyanskiy shared his opinion "on what is happening and has been happening in the EU-Russian relations" – the sphere to which Mr. Polyanskiy has devoted more than 20 years of his life.
The questions that interested the participants most and received exhaustive commentaries from Mr. Polyanskiy were about
- chances for improving people-to-people contacts in these turbulent times,
- Russia's resilience to economic sanctions imposed by the EU and the US,
- anxiety of societies in many countries about the backlash of the sanctions,
- contradictions within the EU over its policy towards Russia,
- problems of the European perception of Russia.