, PhD, Senior lecturer at the Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy:
- "Anna Velikaya's book is more of a description of two approaches than a comparison."
- "American approach in PD is more practical."
- "In Russia, individual diplomats and enthusiasts seem to be more concerned about Russia's PD than the state."
- "Russians are too conservative, whereas Americans can use anything – even hip hop or skateboarding – for PD."
- "Russian scholars should produce innovative ideas and put them into practice."
In the ensued discussion, the participants complimented Dr. Velikaya on her research and spoke of the problems of Russia's PD and the ideas behind it.