On April 18th, Hablemos con Rusia Alumni Online Discussion Club gathered participants from Argentine, Colombia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela to hear and discuss Alexander Konkov
's, lecture about contemporary Russia and strategic planning: "Russian Strategy: Internal Quest, External Firmness" / "Estrategias de Rusia: búsqueda interna y firmeza externa"
. Moderator: Valeria Tsareva
, expert on Latin America, alumna of Hablemos con Rusia.Subjects
- National development goals - 2030,
- Foreign policy priorities and the new Foreign Policy Concept of Russia,
- Latin America as a direction of the new Foreign Policy Concept.
extended the range of subjects to include:
- the climate agenda,
- Russia's interior politics and political parties,
- Dr. Konkov's opinion about BRICS as one of the pillars of the new world order.
The Alumni Online Discussion Club arranged by Creative Diplomacy is especially important on the background of Russia's foreign policy in Latin America and the prominence Russia is giving to this policy vector.
Creative Diplomacy highlighted the mutual significance of Latin American countries and Russia in issue #2 of Meeting Russia Journal
Foreign Minister Lavrov is currently visiting the region and discussing cooperation with his colleagues and heads-of-states in Venezuela
(April 18 – 20).
Sergey Lavrov said in Caracas on April 18: "We are confident that Latin America will become one of the pillars of the emerging multipolar international order."